The last time I mentioned any life updates here was quite a while ago now, so in the past couple weeks I…
- Moon (courtesy of Steven's roommate Daniel). It reminded me of both Memento and Never Let Me Go and it was good and weird and a little painful and I think underhyped.
- Pitch Perfect, courtesy of Connie, and loved it, which was only to be expected. (Anna Kendrick, man.)
- Iron Man 3 and concluded that Gwyneth Paltrow is kind of hot and was reminded that Robert Downey Jr. is the finest of wines.
- someone else's suffering (instead of my own) during yoga, which made me feel very… cleansed. It was a very, very difficult session that involved so much emotional distress I had to stop and sob into my knees like a small child several times because I couldn't breathe in downward dog, but the hardest part was when I thought I'd gotten it under control only to start crying uncontrollably after class ended. (On the bright side, feeling sorrow for someone else indicates to me that I might be done crying for myself, which can only be a good thing.)
- the rapid development of my Situation for Onew, the leader of the Korean boy band SHINee:
AM I DRY SOBBING ABOUT ONEW BELTING THE SECOND CHORUS OF "I WON'T GIVE UP" YOU KNOW I AM
- feeling 22 during a Connie-induced outing in which we decided the goal of the night was to get a stranger to buy me a drink (the only rule: the stranger must be a man who approaches me first). I neither felt 22 nor succeeded in getting a stranger to buy me a drink.
- darts, horrifically.
- trying to fall in love with my vibrator. (It's just kind of… there.)
…smiled hard because of
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman. Jeffrey recommended this book to me once upon a time, so I picked up a copy for my morning commute and AM LOVING IT BECAUSE OH MY GOD JAMES AND QUENTIN AND ALICE AND SUCH A SMART WRITING VOICE.
- a Boscia face mask sample from Sephora, because it's pitch black and I feel like I can invade foreign lands whenever my face is smothered in anything resembling paint.
The instructions said to avoid your hairline, eyes, brows, and lips, but I would've looked so much cooler if I went full bleed, no? (But then I probably would've gone full bleed for real when I peeled the mask off.)
- the design of Target's mobile app (no seriously it is so well done just take a look at it).
- this mashup of Britney Spears' "Lucky" and Taylor Swift's "22":
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I had a religious experience around the last "we won't be sleeping / it feels like one of those nights."
Um. And here's an outfit from January.
I am definitely breaking out in these photos but God bless terrible lighting for being forgiving. Should've done my eyebrows, though!
Hair bow: DIY. Light blue thermal: Old Navy, gift. Blue dress: Goodwill. Cardigan: not sure. Jacket: gift. Navy blue tights: BP Nordstrom. Chelsea boots: Cole Haan.